The following are the policies of Biocommunity Kansai (hereinafter referred to as “the Organization”) regarding handling personal information. The Organization recognizes the importance of personal information and will conduct its business and operations with due consideration for the protection of personal information and /respect for privacy.
1. The Organization will collect personal information to the extent necessary for the performance of its business in a lawful and appropriate manner after indicating the purpose of use in advance.
2.In handling personal information, the Organization will take the necessary and appropriate measures for safety management, including preventing information leaks and unauthorized access.
3. The Organization will only use personal information within the scope necessary to achieve its purposes. The Organization will only use specified personal information within the scope allowed by the law.
- ①Personal information, excluding specified personal information held by the Organization, will be used for the following business activities conducted by the Organization:
- (1)Projects to promote exchange and cooperation among parties involved in the field of biotechnology, both domestically and internationally
- (2)To foster and support human resources and startup companies in the field of biotechnology that contribute to the health of people around the world
- (3)Other activities related to 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 that are necessary to achieve the purposes of the Organization
- ②Personal information, excluding specified personal information, held by the Organization will only be used for purposes related to the business described in 3.1. In the event that the purpose of use of specific personal information is limited by the law, it will not be used for purposes other than those listed in 3.1.
- - To plan, recruit, and register participants, introduce and announce events and programs sponsored or cosponsored by the Organization, and send rewards to speakers and other related persons
- - To respond to consultations, inquiries, opinions, and complaints and to record and store such responses
- - To send email newsletters and information on services provided by the Organization
- - To conduct marketing surveys and questionnaires for the management of the Organization and for the provision and improvement of various services
- - To conduct surveys and research related to the Organization’s business
- - To perform administrative procedures related to the registration of cooperating organizations
- - To exercise the rights and fulfill obligations under the Laws of Japan
- - To communicate with participants and users, as necessary for business purposes
- ③The purposes of use of personal information may be changed only when the relevance before and after the change is deemed necessary. When the purpose of use of personal information is changed, the Organization shall announce the purpose of the change on its website.
4. When the Organization outsources a part of its operations, including the management of personal information, to a subcontractor to enhance its services, the Organization will ensure that the subcontractor also manages personal information appropriately.
5. The Organization will share personal information as follows:
- - Responsible for the management of personal dataNPO Kinki Bio-Industry Development Organization and Urban Innovation Institute, the secretariat of Biocommunity Kansai
- - Purpose of use by joint users
Same as “Purposes of Use” above
- - Items to be used
Affiliation, position, name, address, telephone number, and email address
- - Scope of joint use
Organizations that cosponsor events and programs conducted by the Organization and speakers at events and programs sponsored or cosponsored by the Organization
6. The Organization will not provide personal data, excluding specified personal information, to any third party without consent from the person concerned. However, this does not apply when it is required by the law, is necessary to protect human life or property or to cooperate with the police, courts, or other public agencies, or is necessary for the joint use or provision to subcontractors. The Organization will not provide specified personal information to third parties, except as required by the law.
7. If the Organization is requested by an individual to disclose personal information, the Organization will disclose such information to the individual without delay. To request a notification on the purpose of use, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to a third party of your personal information, please send the following documents to the Contact Desk:
- - Request Form for Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
- - A copy of identification documents (driver’s license, personal number card, resident card, special permanent resident certificate, passport, or other photo identification)
- - Fee (in the case of a request for disclosure, 550 yen [including consumption tax] per request shall be charged as an administrative fee)
3F, 4-8-4, Kawaramachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0048, Japan
NPO Kinki Bio-Industry Development Organization
Biocommunity Kansai Inquiry Desk
8. For inquiries or questions regarding the handling of personal information held by this organization, please contact the following.
NPO Kinki Bio-Industry Development Organization
Address: 3F, 4-8-4, Kawaramachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Urban Innovation Institute
Address: 7th Floor, Grandfront Osaka Tower-C, 3-1 Ofuka-cho, Kita-ku, 530-0011 Osaka, Japan